Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Friday, July 29, 2011

Psalm 70

For the choir director: A psalm of David, asking God to remember him.
 1 Please, God, rescue me!
      Come quickly, Lord, and help me.
 2 May those who try to kill me
      be humiliated and put to shame.
   May those who take delight in my trouble
      be turned back in disgrace.
 3 Let them be horrified by their shame,
      for they said, “Aha! We’ve got him now!”
 4 But may all who search for you
      be filled with joy and gladness in you.
   May those who love your salvation
      repeatedly shout, “God is great!”
 5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
      please hurry to my aid, O God.
   You are my helper and my savior;
      O Lord, do not delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment