Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Psalm 54

New Living Translation

1 For the choir director: A meditation of David, regarding the time the Ziphites came and said to Saul, "We know where David is hiding." To be accompanied by stringed instruments. Come with great power, O God, and rescue me! Defend me with your might. 2 O God, listen to my prayer. Pay attention to my plea. 3 For strangers are attacking me; violent men are trying to kill me. They care nothing for God. Interlude 4 But God is my helper. The Lord is the one who keeps me alive! 5 May my enemies' plans for evil be turned against them. Do as you promised and put an end to them. 6 I will sacrifice a voluntary offering to you; I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good. 7 For you will rescue me from my troubles and help me to triumph over my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment