Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Friday, July 15, 2011

Psalm 61

New Living Translation

1 O God, listen to my cry!
      Hear my prayer!
 2 From the ends of the earth,
      I cry to you for help
      when my heart is overwhelmed.
   Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
    3 for you are my safe refuge,
      a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
 4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
      safe beneath the shelter of your wings!
                         Interlude
 5 For you have heard my vows, O God.
      You have given me an inheritance reserved for those who fear your name.
 6 Add many years to the life of the king!
      May his years span the generations!
 7 May he reign under God’s protection forever.
      May your unfailing love and faithfulness watch over him.
 8 Then I will sing praises to your name forever
      as I fulfill my vows each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment