Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Psalm 56

The New Living Translation

1 For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time the Philistines seized him in Gath. To be sung to the tune "Dove on Distant Oaks." O God, have mercy on me. The enemy troops press in on me. My foes attack me all day long.
2 My slanderers hound me constantly, and many are boldly attacking me. 3 But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 O God, I praise your word. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? 5 They are always twisting what I say; they spend their days plotting ways to harm me. 6 They come together to spy on me -- watching my every step, eager to kill me. 7 Don't let them get away with their wickedness; in your anger, O God, throw them to the ground. 8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. 9 On the very day I call to you for help, my enemies will retreat. This I know: God is on my side. 10 O God, I praise your word. Yes, LORD, I praise your word. 11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? 12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. 13 For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light.

No comments:

Post a Comment