Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16 NLT

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Psalm 17

The Knowing Jesus Study Bible New International Version

Hear, O LORD my righteous plea;
listen to my cry.
Give ear to my prayer---
it does not rise from deceitful lips.
May my vindication come from you;
may your eyes see what is right.

Though you probe my heart and 
examine me at night,
though you test me, you will
find nothing.
I have resolved that my mouth
will not sin.
As for the deeds of men---
by the word of your lips
I have kept myself from the
ways of the violent.
May steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not slipped.

I call to you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand those who 
take refuge from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings from the
wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies.

They close up their callous hearts
and their mouths speak with arrogance.
They have tracked me down, they now 
surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me
to the ground.
They are like a lion hungry for prey like a 
great lion crouching in cover.


Rise up, O LORD, confront them,
bring them down;
rescue me from the wicked by your sword.
O LORD, by your hand save me from such men,
from men of this world whose reward is this life.


You still the hunger of those you cherish;
their sons have plenty,
and they store up wealth for their children.
And I---in righteousness I will see your face;
when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing
your likeness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment